2 problems: ECU and MAF mailfunctioning.. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 07-10-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Flevoland

Member car:

156 1.9 JTD 2002

2 problems: ECU and MAF mailfunctioning..

Hi Guys, it's been a while (fortunatly, I only post when something is wrong :P) The fact that I'm back is a little less positive.

I have a few problems:
First problem MAF:
When I check my ECU with Alfadiag or FiatECUscan I get a MAF value of actual 53mg/i instead of desired 300 mg/i when idling.

All is checked: turbopressure, MAF = replaced for the right original one, wires from ecu to MAF have been checked (with voltmeter) intake sytem (alle tubes and connections) even replaced the stock airfilter unit with an open air filter; nothing helps, does anybody has an idea on what to check next? The Air temperature is correct (and is calculated by the same sensor, ie the MAF). How can I restore the airflow? or at least make the ECU think the flow is correct? I'm sure that the ECU counteracts the low value by injecting more or less fuel or something.

Second problem ECU:
When I connect to my ECU and check the Odometer in FiatECUscan of Alfadiag, the odometer is 0,0 kilometer.
On my dashboard is says (allmost)) 200.000. I've been told the dashboard calculates the number with the ABS senors. The ECU calculates it with different data.

What parts does the ECU use to calculate the odometer?
i.e.: all other things like revs and speed are showing correctly..

BTW: The EGR is fully closed and removed; all fault where present before any modification made by me!

The information in my infocenter (hump on the dash, obove the center console) displays that i'm currently driving 1:50 (liters:kilometers) ... this should be 1:17,5 (actual fuel consumption) (I guess this problem is caused by the strange reading of my MAF?)

Please help!
Sponsored Links
County: -

Member car:

alfa 147 1.9 jtd

Are you fix problem with maf? I have the same problem so please help if you fixed

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

computer , ecu , maf , mailfunctioning , problems , reading