Comparison between clutches on 156GTA and GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Comparison between clutches on 156GTA and GT

I was getting a quote for some work on my GT and a place just up the road caught my attention. They're in Bowen Hills/Albion. I strolled in and had a nice long talk with them. They seemed to know what they're talking about and were servicing a decent bunch of modern Alfas and other 'exotic' cars. This is a good sign.

They call themselves BODY WORKS but seem to mainly do mechanical work. They are run by two brothers Chris and Peter Lucas. They've got a Montreal that they're fixing up.

There was an Alfa 156 GTA in an almost black colour that they were servicing. It is a 2001 model and is in absolute pristine condition. Anybody on here own it? Congratulations if so. It is in tip-top condition. About 80k KMS on it.

They hopped in my car and told me that the clutch was REALLY heavy on my GT. I thought this was part of the territory. I tried the clutch on the 156GTA and it was as light as an Alfa Sprint I used to have.

Is a heavy clutch expected on the GT and are the 156's a completely different story? I was always under the impression that the GT was expected to have a heavy clutch but previous models were OK?

Any input on comparisons of clutches on GTs compared to 156's.

Last edited by PT14; 04-10-10 at 06:11.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156gta , clutches , comparison