Slight problem with windcreen rubber seal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Slight problem with windcreen rubber seal

The GT has a plastic panel "trough" at the bottom of the windscreen that has the two holes where the windscreen wiper mounts come out of this panel. This panel goes all around the front of the windscreen and is exposed and visible behind the bonnet. This panel is flush against the windscreen and has a rubber seal that is stuck between the panel and the windscreen.

In front on the driver's side I've noticed that a piece of the rubber strip has lifted slightly off the glass for about two inches. It's off the glass about 1mm. The strip is still fine on the panel side. I push on the panel and it's nice and flush against the glass as it should be.

I am thinking it would be stupid for myself to try and stick this back down and would probably require a panel-beater to do a proper job. Or maybe glue would work. I've hosed the general area and nothing seems to be getting into the cabin. I guess the water is going in the "trough" where it's supposed to go and not into the cabin as far as I can see.

Any suggestions and does anyone know whether the seal is the only thing preventing water going into the inside of the car or is it designed that the rubber strip is not what keeps the water out. the rubber strip is not that wide and looks like it's there just to keep the panel adhered to the windscreen.

Any suggestions.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Kent

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Hi PT. I dont have a GT, But the description sounds the same as my 147. That seal is just a rubber strip to tidy the edge of the plastics. Its nothing to do with the actual windscreen seal. Its usually bonded in. I just had a new screen fitted a couple of weeks ago. Try removing the panel if your confident, and bostic it back in place. Job done.

Hope this helps.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

problem , rubber , seal , slight , windcreen