Flashing Odometer - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 30-09-10 Thread Starter
County: Stirling

Member car:

Alfa GT

Idea Flashing Odometer

The odometer on my GT 2.0 JTS has flashed every day since I bought it from new back in 2005. I took it back to the dealer a few times and a new relay was fitted (whatever that is) to no effect and after much head-scratching I decided to live with it. The car has never given me any problem and I don't even notice the flashing digits now but as I'm about to sell it would be nice to know if any of the intelligensia on this forum have any ideas as to the problem.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

Mk 2 Focus RS

It means theres a fault i think. Did they put the diagnostic thing on and check everything out?
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
Membro Premio
County: Bratislavsky
Flashing odometer means a problem on Can Bus but it can be of many reasons but usually nothing serious. Flashing is caused by not correctly finished CAN check on startup, sometimes just when you start the car immediately without waiting to finish the check - but this wouldn’t happen all the times. Then maybe low battery voltage can be one of other reasons. Other cause can be that something on your car was replaced by a new or scrapeyeard part and body computer is not mated with the new part (the part can work with no faults, just the body computer doesn’t recognize it as it doesn’t belong to your car.

Was something electronic replaced on your car? It can be as stupid as windows switches in the doors, or head unit for different type. In this case a proxy alignment needs to be done on examiner so that the body computers accepts the part.

147GTA,Grigio Metallico,Imola leather, 3.75l conversion,F360 TB,ported heads,Balduzzi cams,GTV manifolds,EQ pipes,Supersprint silenced cat back,18" GT multispokes,KW V3,Galfer 6pot 355mm,Brembo sport rear, Blaupunk NewYork 800 + Focal

147 1.6TS, Nerro,Beige Interior,Galfer Extreme Brake kit,2,0TS intake manifold,Custom ex. manifold,200CPI cat,Supersprint silenced center + OO backbox,GTA spoiler,GTA side skirts,GTA headlights,Blaupunkt LA MP74 + Focal + MacAudio + Dynamat + HERZ subwoofer
AO Silver Member
County: West Sussex
i had a disconnected headlamp on my 147 (which i was aware of during body repairs) my odometer also flashed constantly it took a little time to figure that one out!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

flashing , odometer