GT Xenon Headlight Question - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 23-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
GT Xenon Headlight Question

I put my car into a dealer recently and among other things, they seem to mess my Xenon headlight alignment up.

I was told the bracket that holds the height adjust sensor had broken, even though the lights worked and adjusted perfectly well they decided to remove the sensor.

I then discovered when I drove my car in the dark that the lights were pretty much facing the floor.
I took the car back for the sensor to be refitted, the lights slightly adjusted up and down but still faced down.

I found adjuster screws behind each light so I raised them up to the normal height.
The problem I have now is there is a weird climbing effect at the sides when driving a ray of light climbs a passing tree for example and it never did this before.

My question is how to properly adjust these light as the dealer seems to have well and truly messed them up....and I don't intend to go back

Any help appreciated

146 1.8 Twin Spark
156 2.0 Twin Spark Veloce
GT 3.2 V6
159 ti 1750 tbi
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
155 Lounge Winner 09
County: Victoria

Member car:

GT . 155 . 75

Err, how could a dealer get this so wrong? It's not rocket science.

So, are the sensors - attached to the L front/rear suspension arms meant to be working properly now? All brackets intact, etc?

If so, then is there another fault instead? Have you set them 'too high' now?

Has the dealer taken responsibility to fix things for you?

If you don't want to go back to them, ok; find another workshop/dealer to fix it, but it will presumably be at your cost.

First, I'd want the auto levelling mechanisms to be working 100%. If not, you'll never get them right. Once that's sorted, you can either guess and adjust them manually (behind the headlight assemblies with the screw), or have them done professionally. Maybe a MOT place can help you out.

GT . 3.2 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red . Eibach . KONI . ASSO . ATP 19" . TAROX . FERODO . Mille Miglia exhaust
155 . 2.0 8V TS . Grigio Grey - Grey . H&R coilover . Enkei 17" . TAROX . GOODRIDGE . REMUS
75 . 3.0 . Alfa Red - Grey

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

headlight , question , xenon