156 rear seatbelts - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 06-04-04 Thread Starter
AO Member
156 rear seatbelts

anyone know if it is possible to change the rear seat that i have the only has a lapbelt in the centre, to the newer 156 rear seats that have a lap and diagonal belt in the centre (new baby arriving soon and 3rd car seat needs fitted in rear)

and if so what is the cost?? (i have a sinking feeling in my wallet) (unless someone is breaking a 156.....)
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Aberdeenshire

Member car:

Zender 156 V6

Re: 156 rear seatbelts

All 156 came with the option of the diagonal centre belt but I think it comes with the centre headrest as well.

It should be easy enough to find a 156 with diagonal belt that is being broken up especially in the safety conscious UK.
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Re: 156 rear seatbelts

When I bought mine back in '98, a normal diagonal and 3rd headrest was available as an option. But then I was told I couldn't have it as I'd also gone for the Sport interior ...

... so if anyone has since fitted a diagonal to a Sport-pack version (not so worried about headrest now), I'd be interested to hear. I'd prefer my loved-ones to be strapped in properly too.

But I'd also be concerned at picking up a 2nd-hand belt from a car that had been smashed -- just in case it was in use at the time. You never can tell ....

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , rear , seatbelts