156 O/S Front outer window/door seal. - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 16-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

156 O/S Front outer window/door seal.

Does anyone know where i can get a really good condition Seal from other than the dealers. they want £74 + vat for one, i thought it would only be £10.

The seal is rigid and straight and runs from the door mirror housing horizontally straight across to the other side of the door and stops water from running down the window into the door.
Sorry about the long description but how else do you explain which seal it is?
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Greater London
It's called a 'waist rail seal'.. I'd be interested to know how much these go for, as a couple of mine have gone rusty underneath, causing the rubber to lift up.
AO Member
County: Etela-Suomen Laani
Hi friends, have you found any cheaper seller for these seals, I just ordered one of the four to get the worst changed, 120 euros !!!!
AO Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

156 sw / gtv

Hi, i replaced the rubber trims on the doors with good used parts (3x for £35, autolusso), i was also quoted over £140 for 4 new from a dealers.
I had a few bubbles in the middle of the drivers door trim or so i thought until i removed it, and found it had burst open in 3 places middle and both ends and was split about 4" in length, it was bright orange and crumbling, didn't look too bad on front surface, luckily lip on top of door skin was still imaculate no damage.
I replaced drivers door, passenger front door and passenger rear door which was the worst, its a thin metal strip glued inside the rubber seal...
I treated the open ends of the trim before fitting behind mirrors and added a blob of clear silicone..
Looks 100x better, i was expecting to pay £15 each new from dealers, i think £140 is a shocking price..

Easy to do, took about 20 mins each to fit, just get someone to hold the mirror for a minute to remove strip and
tempoary bolt it back on and clean up gunk on lip, then have assistant hold mirror while attaching new trim, easy.

Last edited by alfafanatic100; 07-02-11 at 20:04.
AO Member
County: Essex
Cheap from dealers now

I went to Alfa main dealers Salmons in Colchester, and these window seals are £20 each.
AO Member
County: Arundel West Sussex
Hi there,
The drivers door seal on my 156 is splitting. How do they come off? do you have to go in from inside?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , front , o or s , outer , seal , window or door