Service History - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Service History

I recently bought an Alfa 156 1.8 TS Veloce, with no service history. I am trying to contact various owners and garages to obtain some of the history, and with help from Jaybe426 and Autolusso, it is looking good for the recent history.

The ar has done 79,000, and i know I need to get the cambelt/water pump etc done anyway, but has anyone had anyluck with obtaining service history direct from Alfa Romeo (assuming it was serviced by a main dealer for the first few services etc), if so how did you do it?

I'm still pretty new to all this, and part of me wishes I had bought the Mondeo, but at least i am driving to work with a smile on my face
Sponsored Links
AO Member
I would say get the cambelt/waterpump/variator done ASAP (all part of the same job and should cost around£400). If you don't know when it was last done don't even drive it until you get it sorted. Too many have come a cropper by leaving it.

Don't worry too much about the service history. Just look after it and enjoy it.

The first time you get an admiring comment (which you will!) you'll feel great and realise why you didn't buy a mondeo.

I found out some of the history for mine (even though it had full AR History) by just asking my local dealer. They had quite a bit of info stored on their system. I'm not sure if they can link in to a national database or anything though.

You'll find loads of help on here as well. Such a friendly, informative site and really makes you feel part of the ALFA Family.

Have Fun!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

history , service