GT SE - any owners? - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Silver Member
County: Dorset

Member car:

147 Ducati Corse

Lol, was just thinking what with your username being "Tallpaul" and the 500 being a small car! Its effectively from the same company as an Alfa though-its all Fiat Group and thats no bad thing, at least at the moment-lets hope they dont start using Chrysler parts now Fiat own them!

Interesting reading your comments about the 159, Brera and Spider though-you say the 159 is dated but reject the Brera and Spider only cos of rear room when they are just short wheelbase 159s so just as dated. And you say that the Brera is hefty, but dont mention the Spider's weight, even though its even heftier cos of all the extra bracing to make up for the lack of a roof!

Think it would be stupidly expensive to retrofit Gary147-you would need a new instrument panel (I think, can confirm that if MrShusky posts some pics of his display!). Like I say, I m not sure about whther you loose the coin and cup holder-I was just told thats where tthey put the B & M module, I think its wrong though, as I ve seen some interior pics of B & M spec cars and they do have the drawers.

You can get a Bluetooth adaptor foor the headunit though-search blaupunkt bluetooth on the forum-there are some threads about it.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Merseyside
Yes, you can get the Blaupunkt one, although am I right in assuming they all steal the CD changer connection? I'm probably asking too much to have both but it'd be handy. If we get any pics and it's not too different I'm prepared to give it a go either way. I don't understand why they couldn't have just fitted a head unit from a 159/Brera/MiTo anyway and just made an fascia plate for it or something. Surely one would fit.

Incidentally, I drove a standard Fiat 500 'Louge' 1.4 as a courtesy car, and it was surprisingly quick! And it had bluetooth & USB! Disturbing to think of the speeds the Abarth model could do, considering how small it is! Not sure I'd buy a 500 myself, but it was certainly an interesting 10 hours!
(Post Link) post #28 of 28 Old 29-09-10 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member
County: Berkshire

Member car:

Giulietta QV

I am sure the one I sat in the other week had a cup holder and tray as normal, I remember noticing as it was a darker grey than my 2004 GT which has a silver centre section.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT