Well, I have been meaning to do this for ages, so I had to replace an aircon pump which meant I had to remove the rad, so I though I would do the clutch too.
Stripped it all out, basically the relay box, battery and battery tray to access it. First off I inspected the slave cylinder and found although it was dry, squeezing the rubber bellows, fluid flowed out. Now, it was probably ok, but for the sake of £35 I decided to do it. My local motor factors got one within 2hrs. The night before, I gave it a liberal spray with WD40
Remove the fluid pipe from the back of the slave, remove the big circlip off the front of the slave, then it slides out backwards.
Next the arm, remove the circlip on top, then prise the arm upwards. It only goes on one way so no need to mark it. Then prized the top bush out with a blade. Then sprayed WD40 down the side, basically spray the pin at low pressure and it slides down the shaft. Leave that for 15 minutes to work, then I used EP80/90 gear oil. Ran it down the shaft again, a fair bit, maybe an aerosol cap full in total.
Reasemble, bleed the clutch, refit the battery tray, battery and relay box.
Then I pressed my clutch and thought, that cant be right, no resistance, but to my amazement, this was the clutch working 100%.
It is soooooooooo light, no notcheyness, and light as a feather, I am blown away, it totally transforms the drive of the car.
Dont delay, do it today!
2007/57 Alfa GT 1.9JTDm 22k miles. If I had taken this in to Alfa, I would have been looking at £1k as they wanted to replace the dual mass flywheel also.