door handle for gt - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 7 Old 09-09-10 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Madness door handle for gt

how much does a handle for drivers door cost for a gt
any help please
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
I paid 54.70 + VAT from SLM (Fiat) St Leonards-On Sea on 28th April 2010

Part No. F0156073275

All the best

AO Member

Member car:

147 2.0 T-Spark

I got mine from Sherburn Motors was 45, perfect working order and very good condition, got a shop on ebay.

Pain in the **** to do though!
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

156 2.4 & E30 M3

Good luck in fitting it! They are even worse than the 147's!

If you need some advice give me a shout

Loz - autolusso
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD

I did mine at the weekend , not a difficult job ,good set of instructions on here
Do a search the hardest part was getting the nut off the handle you have to reach up with a 10 mm spanner , give your self A couple of hours
(Post Link) post #6 of 7 Old 11-09-10 Thread Starter
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

was it drivers door
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire
Those sneaky pasta eating grease balls!! my drivers side door handle developed the common broken front hinge the other day, being in the trade i decided to price up a new item fom the dealer, who informed me that you could only buy a complete handle! arrrgh, cost 59.60+vat and that was trade!
Being a tight yorkshireman i decided to trawl through flea bay and find someone who was breaking a 147/Gt. Bingo!! a buyer got back to me with one in stock 26 deivered. sorted, or so i thought.
I decided to set a couple of hours aside to fit it Saturday morning, all was going well untill i tried to remove the handle from the door (after struggling and stripping the skin off of my nuckles removing the connecting rods)
It just wouldn't come free from the appature hole, it did give up in the end after i'd bent the door locating lugs slightly to remove it! arrgghhh!! next problem.
the handles looked identical until close up inspection side by side. The lever that connects the pull handle arm was on the opposite side meaning that the rod wouldn't fit with the new handle. no problem i thought i'll just remove the broken hinge from one to another, wrong!!! the hinge plate bases were different too! one is screwed in flat the other at a 45 degree angle so that buggered that idea up. Iended up using my lock assemly and housing fastened to the new handle/hinge from the 147! only difference is that the Gt handle is like thin crappy metal and the 147 one has a more solid polished feel. but the old "blind man galloping horse" you could probably tell if i told you but not that obvious. The door apperature was straightened with a pair of pliers covered in black tape and the new handle was persuaded back into position. All the fidly bits back and wheyyy new/second hand working handle!!
morale- always make sure you buy the right part or don't be tight, bite the bullet and buy a new one!!
If you are going to try it yourself follow the steps in the forum
I also found it much easier to remove the rod to the lock from the bottom not top,
Use a 10mm ratchet spanner on the front handle nut
apply masking tape around the handle area as not to scrach the paintwork
Remove the outer window seal (eases window removal and aides viewing of the lock assembly in the door)
Remove all childern/pets/ partners from area as nagging as to "how long i want to do the shopping" REALLY doesn't help!
plan more than 2 hours! try 5!!
follow these steps and you'll be laughing (or mad)

I want a Alfa Gt and I want one now!!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

door , handle