I am planning to fit H1 HID kit into the foglamps on 147 and wire them on separate switch into the cabin so that I don’t need to switch on my dipped beam. Reasons:
- I don’t use my fogs at all
- No spoilt design with bolt on DRL kits
- HID will last quite long, so no blowing bulbs and bulb changing issue.
- As DRLs are used only at daylight, I am not really afraid to blind anybody with a HID kit.
- I already have an unused H7 HID kit so I just need to pay the xenon retrofit H1 bulbs.
- No stupid Audi LED look
- As fogs are integrated into headlamps on 147, nobody will really notice during daylight that I have fogs on, everybody thinks its dipped beam.
- With separate wiring I don’t need to switch on the main lights = my dashboard lights will not be on = trip computer and radio displays won’t dim = I will be finally able to read them during sunny days
- 147 looks sexy with those small fog in the very corners of the headlamps : lol:
147GTA,Grigio Metallico,Imola leather, 3.75l conversion,F360 TB,ported heads,Balduzzi cams,GTV manifolds,EQ pipes,Supersprint silenced cat back,18" GT multispokes,KW V3,Galfer 6pot 355mm,Brembo sport rear, Blaupunk NewYork 800 + Focal
147 1.6TS, Nerro,Beige Interior,Galfer Extreme Brake kit,2,0TS intake manifold,Custom ex. manifold,200CPI cat,Supersprint silenced center + OO backbox,GTA spoiler,GTA side skirts,GTA headlights,Blaupunkt LA MP74 + Focal + MacAudio + Dynamat + HERZ subwoofer