Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: United Kingdom
County: South Lanarkshire
WON'T START!! Fault Code: U1600 Electronic Key (intermittent)
Alfa 156 1.8 TS Veloce Year 2000
* Turning over great but won't start
* Made sure all connections around ECU (fuse box at drivers knee) where ok by taking out and reconnecting them a few times. Fully charged the battery.
* Fault Codes:
P0335 Crankshaft Position Sensor - circuit malfuntion
P1513 Idle Speed Regulator (intermittent)
U1600 Electronic Key (intermittent)
* New Crankshaft Sensor put in so fault code disappeared
* Mechanic checked over whole car: fuel pump, fuel rails, pressure, fuses, electrics, etc. Everything perfect. There is plenty of fuel in the rails BUT the Spark Plugs are dry as a bone!
* Reset ECU but still no joy.
Sounds like a problem with immobiliser/key not allowing it to start.
Any ideas how to sort this would be much appreciated.