I have my Alfa (and a few teething problems) - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
I have my Alfa (and a few teething problems)

I knew I would have some and to be honest they are the sort I'm relatively happy to have in the great scheme of things. The worst one though appears to be the thermostat. I drove iot hom about 80 miles and it drank fuel but i was pressing on and the temp never got above half way between 50 and the first mark on the temp gauge so i'm guessing the stat would acocunt for both of those. The problem is that being a newbie I'm not sure but i'm pretty certain its a 10v engine,the year is 51 and its a 2.4JTD so if anyone can advise me of whether i'm correct on allcounts then i'd appreciate itand also where does stats for a good price with quick delivery.

The stat is on the right side of the engine by the battery and looks pretty reasonable to get at and change.

Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

'10 Fiat 500

Sounds like the 'stat to me - When I got mine (also a 2.4JTD) the fuel consumption was poor and the temp low - swapped the stat and the temp was normal and the fuel consump was better - still not amazing tho! Have a look at the 'thermostat check thread' - it gives a simple stat check.

Enjoy the car!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , problems , teething