Is the 147, 1.9 diesel a good buy - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 15-08-10 Thread Starter
County: Gauteng

Member car:

Alfa 147, 2.0

Is the 147, 1.9 diesel a good buy

I drove a 147,2.0, 2003 model for 8 months and it all of a sudden blew steam from the exhaust and the temparature gauge shot up and that was the end of the vehicle as it stopped:. Upond enquiry (after I sold the vehicle like that I was informed that, it was cuased by the wrong oil that was put in after the vehicle had been serviced!) would anyone be able to give me more light on the problem?

I am considering buying a 2008, 147, 1.9 diesel. I have been without a vehicle for 6 months now and its because nothing drives like an Alfa Romeo and I got addicted because it gives you what you want when you want it. It is an understated car that people have very little expectations about (especially where I live, which is in South Africa).

Do you think that the Diesel, 147 is a good buy considering the fact that parts are scarce in my country
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: KwaZulu-Natal

Member car:

147 GTA

Welcome ManiniK.

I think its a great buy, a highly under rated car in my opinion in South Africa. There should be no problem with spares though?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , buy , diesel , good