Alfa 147 Front Suspension Knocking Sound - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 15-08-10 Thread Starter
County: Aberdeen

Member car:

Alfa 147 Front Suspension Knocking Sound

Dear Alfaowners,

I have an Alfa Romeo 147 JTD 2003, which have been a great car driving through the whole europe. Always tried to keep the car in good shape, but last year started to experience front suspension problems.

When the car drives on small bumps or holes there is a knocking sound in the front suspension. I checked with the mechanic which said that this is related to the stabilizer, but nothing serious. He also mentioned that the cost to fix this could be very high since is rather complicated work.

The car has 17 inch triostars wheels with kind of low profile tires, which make any hole on the road sound more dramatic.

Recently, I moved to the UK, where the roads have a lot of bumps and holes (in comparison with Holland). Somehow the noise is increasing every day.

I want to get rid of this sound. Any ideas what it could be? how can this be fixed? and how much it may cost me?

Currently, I am in Aberdeen and noticed that there are no official Alfa Romeo service centres. Any suggestion?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Another Alfaowner

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , alfa , front , knocking , sound , suspension