The turbo on my 2.4 JTS cuts out at about 2800 revs really badly, this is followed by a couple of smaller hiccups. Otherwise it revs fine and the power is there. It's worse in the morning.....any idea's?
Sure I posted about this somewhere else...never mind
Anyway, got my JTD back today, they confirmed they have cleaned the fuel pump which cured 99% of the problem. Also (lo and behold!!!) they found the Air Flow Meter was faulty, they stuck another one on and it drives like a dream now...that was the other 1% according to them, yeah right!
So, check the AFM and fuel pump, my money is still on the AFM as this causes problems with most modern cars.
ps...Rick, I posted this on the thread you PM'd me, hope it helps the guy
Took the smokey beast for a run tonight and it's transformed.
From being a slow off the mark and scary at roundabouts car, it is nippy and responsive, with the massive amounts of torque I was expecting origonally. Now I fully understand why people have been raving about the JTD's...gotta admit I was disappointed at first