hi folks, long time lurker, first time poster.
i've just bought a '52 plate 147 2.0ts 3dr lusso, and have a few minor niggly questions about it.
1) gearstick. when i hit the gas hard from coasting, i can feel a tug on the gearstick, this happens in all gears, but is more noticable in 2nd and 3rd. (its not a large amount of movement, but its noticable), in the service manual it says cambelts and clutch were done at 68000 mile service. related?
2) one of the previous owners missed the 72k service. is that a major service? or more of an oil change etc service? current mileage is 78500ish.
3) there is a dashboard light that flashes for a few seconds everytime its started. looking at the picture i assume its a reminder for the passenger airbag being enabled and not to put small childs seats in the front. if i'm wrong, please tell me.
4) down next to the handbrake / gearstick there is a round button with Tm in a swirly circle (alot like the circle around intel's logo). it doesnt seem to do anything, no dash lights come one when driving, no dash lights come on when parked engine running. what the hell does it do?
5) the 0 - 60 time. i've seen it listed in several places (ie autotrader and that awful carspotter text service) that the 2.0ts does it in 9.3 seconds. i dont know if thats right, but mine really seems to beat that time by a couple of seconds, is that right/comparable to others?
6) is related to #5, where can i buy myself some "right foot restaints"...? i already have 6points on my license
and can ill afford any more.
i drove the car back from maidenhead where i bought it, to bournemouth where i live, and it was a dream to drive, with no drama's, everything worked, it didnt seem to be a fast car on the motorways, but buzzing around town is where it feels best, fast and nimble.