Gt flashing mileage clock - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 07-08-10 Thread Starter
County: Essex

Member car:

GT 1.9 JTD

Thumbs Up Gt flashing mileage clock

Hello All,

new to the forum chat

Can somebody please assist me?

I recently bought a 1.9 GT JTD from SDR Autos down near Tunbridge Wells way! I had previously bought a 147 from the same garage with no problems, great bunch of guys, only issue was my driving it in to a scrap truck!!
So I went for a spin in the GT, loved it straight away, but noticed that the mileage counter was flashing at me, so mentioned it to SDR who said that they would get the problem sorted before its sold
So no problem there, they said come and collect in a weeks time, all ready for you with a years warranty
When i collected the car, they hadnt been able to fix the problem, which apparently was just proxy alignment, as they did not have the correct computer spec, so advised take it to an approved Alfa dealer and they will pay for the charge
So the following i did so, and the mechanic at alfa tried 3 times to proxy align the car, all electrical items showed up bar a gps system which meant the car could not be aligned, thus therefore the flashing would still continue
on discussion, being very ignorant, and lack of knowledge with car engines all together, i asked, would the flashing and the lack of alignment cause any problems with driving or future faults?
The mechanic who was actually a really decent bloke suggested that there would be no issues whatsoever, as long as i was happy with the flashing i would have no problems that would relate to this

My question is though, if the alignment was searching for a gps system, and the car does not have one fitted, does this possibly mean that the brain of the car could have possibly been swicthed and an out dated one fitted to this model?

Has anyone experiened similar problems with a flashing mileage counter?

Also, can anyone advise if and where i should get my GT remapped? I live in Essex, and my friend has had his 3 series done for 150 pounds, does that sound reasonable?

Thanks for any responses
Sponsored Links
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
As I understood the flashing was something to do with resetting the ecu. Should be ok though as this won't affect performance. If you are after a remap you can try autodelta in London but they are not cheap. 400 + for mine but good. You could also try ahm in Hampshire who are very good and a little cheaper
AO Member
County: Kent
Cant help re the flashing mileometer, but Red Dot in north London seem well recommended on here for remaps. That's where I'll be getting mine done.
AO Platinum Member
County: Hertfordshire

Member car:

GTV V6 3.0

Flashing tacho means somethings playing up or changed on the CAMBUS iirc
AO Member
County: Antrim

Member car:

Originally Posted by NineOneSix View Post
Flashing tacho means somethings playing up or changed on the CAMBUS iirc
I had this on my GT but a simple battery disconnect/reconnect sorted it out. There is definitely a thread about this somewhere.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clock , flashing , mileage