Replace rear fog light on GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 31-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bratislavsky
Replace rear fog light on GT

When I got my GT I noticed it had a crack in lens of the left rear fog light (the one next to the exhaust) which really wasn't a big deal. I did decide to get it fixed and am now sitting with the identical replacement part (new fog light including casing) and I don't seem to be able to really get it to fit nicely.

On the broken one I notice that the top right mounting point has been removed (previous owner I guess), but it really didn't fit nicely either. Has anyone tried to replace this before and is there a trick to it? I can sort of get it mounted, but it doesn't look real sharp and doesn't "feel" like it really is properly set...

The part I have (both new and old) has the following imprint:
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: East Sussex
I remember it being a fiddly job when I replaced mine, much grumbling and squirming with assorted lengths of screwdrivers trying to get the screws in/out.

Yes, the top fixing proved particularly troublesome, but got there in the end. I wouldn't call the fitting solid either, if one pushes firmly the outermost part of the lens there is a bit of movement at the there is on the O/S lens. But at rest it does sit flush with the bumper cut-out as one would expect and doesn't wobble or rattle.

All the best

(Post Link) post #3 of 4 Old 31-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Bratislavsky
Thanks for the pointers and encouragement - I feel like I'm getting to learn the ground pretty well and the work position isn't exactly great. Might swing by a indy lift one day instead of laying around on the ground.
AO Member
County: Greater London

Member car:

Alfa GT 2.0 JTS

I noticed the other day that the rear fog light button of my gt does not work, the indication light does not come on, and also the fog light itself does not turn on when the button is pressed obviously what does this mean? No fault has come up on my display either. Will check the fuse, however checked my manual, only one fuse to the foglights right? the front fogs are working fine. Any ideas?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fog , light , rear , replace