Last drive in the GT... - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 29-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Buckinghamshire

Member car:

Mito 155 Veloce

Last drive in the GT...

Well the time has come, I'm trading in the GT at a smidge under 40 thousand mostly great miles. I can honestly say I'm really going to miss this car, with its two very different personalities. In town the clutch feel is heavy (but can go worryingly soft every now and again), the very harsh standard set up on a GT with 18" wheels, grimacing over every bump in the road, camber chasing, back seats creaking like a haunted house etc. However on the open road the set up is superb very confident in gear umph lots of feedback through the wheel and holds the corners very well for a front wheel drive car. Weirdly I came to love all of these points good and bad, it all kinda added to the character and the colour of the daily commute plus it still looks fantastic as it did on my wedding day (see image)

So whilst I'm excited about collecting a lovely 2.4 159ti on Saturday I am also going to be pretty sad to see my GT go.

All in all a great car - bye bye GT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evie.jpg (180.3 KB, 11 views)

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT