JTD/JTDM MCSF & other problems FIX - Page 7 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Member
County: -
Egr I think???

Alfa gt 1.9 jtd 06 reg. p0401 so I change the egr now I get p0403 code any ideas? Mcsf and eml light on???
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: -North Shropshire

Member car:

147 Jtd

Can someone advise what this could be : P0203 Ignition circuit open cylinder 3
Is it wiring or injector ? I also have MCSF so possible wiring ?
County: -GREECE
My problem was the following
I am an owner of a mito 1.6 jdtm with 150.000 km
At last 1500 km i have a hesitation between 1800-2200 rmp on very light throttle.
Hesitation appears and dissapears i dont have it always.
Also at the same period i noticed one blowing noise ,when i am accelarating quickly, from the right side of the engine.Noise is like having the window of co passenger a little open.
Noise also doesnt appear continiously.Sometimes i have it and sometimes not.
I notice often smoke coming out of the exhaust while driving,and when i see smoke ,i drive to high rpms ,and the smoke doesnt appear again for some days
Also i have some smoke whe the car is cold at the morning.
Today i went to my service technician but he wasnt available so i arrange a check for this problem and also an oil change on monday.On my way home i put dna on d i accelarate third third up to 4000rpm and suddenly i had engine light yellow and the message that d and a of dna are not available.
I stopped the car and i will go for check on monday
The car is used i have it only for 15.000km
I have full service history and invoices for last 60.000 kms and i have noticed that diesel fuel filter has not been changed.
Also at the last car check technician told me that DPF cannot go under 45% filled after regenaration.
Car is acdcelerating very good and hesitation problem never apperas whine accelerating with heavy throttle.

Technician checked that lamda sensor was not responding,we have changed it car was working good for 3 days and today again i had black smoke at 3000rpm loss of power MCSF error and DNA not available.
Hesitations at light throttle after changiong lamda sensor never appeard again.

What do you thing is the proble?i suspect it was a double proble.lamda sensor and something else.
AO Member
County: Essex
Back to diesels.....

Better late than never? The flashing glow plug light happens if the engine is started before the glowplug warmup time has finished, and the light goes out, for you to start the engine. I found if there was an oxidised connection with the plugs that go into the fuel filter housing, then that too would cause the glowplug light to flash after starting the engine.
So, even after having no dud glowplugs, or taking ones time when starting in cold weather, the glowplug warning light can flash. I like to go over every electrical connector with duck oil and Silicone grease when I get a new car.
Hello guys. I need some advise in regards to the lack of power and overboost. I recently got a 147 16v 150bhp. The car was running fine for first 10 miles and then the lost power and the engine started shaking. Took it back to the garage and they said they have cleaned the EGR. Now the car runs but it is overboosting as I have connected it to FES and it is going over but not having any errors. I checked this solenoid valve it is at 75% and when I press the gas it goes down to 65%. The turbo is whining at idle about 5 seconds after I start the car and changes itself randomly. If I give a bit more push and it looses power. I have ordered new hose to replace all the vacuums, but my thinking is really about this valve. What are the values that it should be giving? As soon as I take the top hose out and the turbo stops whinning. I live in Walsall and I don`t really want to be buying a valve just to try it. Any suggestions what and how to test? Thank you

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

fix , jtd or jtdm , mcsf , problems