purge valve - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
purge valve

hi to all
i have got a fault with my car 156 ts 1.8 1998, the prob is ticks over fine , get past 4000 rpm ish fine , the prob is the middle bit stutters and stall with no power

this is what i have done changed airflow meter, changed lamba sensor, checked injectors seals and changed, checked inlet pipes and changed 1 that had split, checked exhaust took all apart re-sealed, now ticks over the best ever but still has problem?

this is what i believe it might be, purge valve, got voltage ok, but no hissing when removed filler cap from tank and no smell of petrol if i remove blue pipe when travling along, also i believe if should be a reading of 26 on the meter.

am i correct in believing this colud be the problem? if i am on the right road where can i get the bit? direct from alfa? or can they be bought aftermarket?

i have tried alfa and the bloke at the parts desk could not find the seperater bit again is this correct, can someone check there eper for me as my copy does not want to work

cheers for any help
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #2 of 2 Old 06-08-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
have some more info on the problem the voltage to the purge valve is on the white wire 14 volts and the blue wire between 0 and 6 volts, is this correct?
also purge valve is working properly getting his from tank
still have the problem but working on it but if you have any idears let me know please

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

purge , valve