Towbar Electrics - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 28-07-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Suffolk
Towbar Electrics

I shall fitting a towbar to my Sportwagon on the weekend (detachable) and the wiring will require a bypass relay which in turn will need a permanent live feed (not switched so the rear lights would remain on in the event of a breakdown). Does anybody know where on the fuse box I can take such a feed from. I have got the special fuses with a wire feed coming out from live side so all I will need to do is take a fuse out and replace with the spliced fuse.
Sponsored Links
I was going to wire mine to the ignition fed supply as this is really how it ashould be done.
However, becuase it was such a pain trying to find a feed, I decided to create a spur off the permanant feed instead.
Therefore, simply create a spur off the cars main positive cable that feeds the fusebox under the dash. It's a really thick red wire so you can't go wrong, just make sure the battery is disconnected first though!
AO Member
County: West Midlands

Member car:

156 2.4 jtd 20v

I just removed my towbar - fitted by indespension. They ran the live from the thick red wire in the fusebox then added a fuse holder an fuse so afa 147 sound bang on!
AO Gold Member
I guess you could pick up a feed from the 12v socket in the Sportwagon load compartment....obviously put a fuse in-line.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

electrics , towbar