Getting Better? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 29-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northumberland

Member car:

Getting Better?

I've had my 2007 147 Lusso TI since Sept 2009.

Not too many issues, the usual wishbone problems that have been fixed by the excellent Benfield Newcastle.

I have been concerned at some of the problems people are having on here and was wondering, will a 2007 car have had it's problems ironed out compared to a 2001 version, or can I expect the same?

I heard that the former BMW QC guy now works for Alfa, has this made any difference or did they concentrate their efforts on producing the Giulietta instead?

Regardless of which, it seems a bit worrying to have suspension problems on a car that has only done 24K.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
Like all 2nd hand cars, a lot depends on the original owners.

When the 156 first came out my dealer used to have a lot bought in by the leasing companies for warranty work ... which turned out to be mis-treatment by the drivers. Ex-BWM drivers seemed to be the worst .. apparently BMW's run with no water or oil .. something Alfa's don't do!

The source of parts is also an issue with some lasting much longer than others ... a good brand or Alfa-parts seem to be better at lasting that others and this is especially the case with suspension parts. Some last years, others weeks ... a case of "You pay your money ... "

Besides it's part of the Alfa ownership process .. wondering what will wear out of break next ;-)

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT