Can anyone help - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 28-06-10 Thread Starter
County: Essex
Can anyone help

Can anyone help????

Firstly my 02 147 selespeed broke down the other night, the passenger window would not close and the warning light came on, when I stoped I turned off the ignition and it would not turn over. The RAC came out an it was the altenator which I got replaced!

Then today I was driving home from work, I was stationary and in 1st gear when the selespeed sytem failure warning came on and the engine just cut out, I was then unable to turn it back on or even put it into N.

It is now parked at the garage waiting for them to have a look, does anyone know what the problem may be? or at least have an idea?

Sponsored Links
AO Member
Was it definitely the alternator that was not working, rather than a loose connection that would prevent the battery from being charged up by the alternator as in this case a new alternator would make no difference.

I've had a good alternator and a duff connection. Dumb stuff happens with the electrics.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT