Going in for its 84K service
As the title says my car is due its service. Its only done 67K miles but its an 02 plate and had its 72K service at the start of 2008. I've been driving it with a gradually worse sounding variator since I bought it last year (already noisy) so I'm actually looking forward to getting it serviced.
Along with the service I'm having done:
- Cambelt + tensioner + idler
- Water pump (precautionary and while the cam belt is off)
- Thermostat (engine temp never reached the magic 90 this winter)
- Gearbox oil change and flush (synchro is starting to crunch when high rev 2nd to 3rd gear change unless careful)
- Fix the exhaust rattle that started last week.
From reading posts on here it sounds likely its the exhaust bracket that has snapped. The work is being done at a garage of a family friend so just want to get everything important out the way in one go.
The reason for this post? The first is, have I missed anything that I should be thinking about getting done? There isn't anything else to do while the cam belt is off is there? The second, his parts dealer told him £180 for a variator so I'm going to order one from alfaworkshop along with a cam belt kit because they're cheaper too and he's getting everything else. Why would they be charging that much for a variator?