Just fixed the load cover on my sportwagon, and thought I'd post up and share my ideas.
The right-hand side of the load liner is sprung loaded and not fixed to the housing at all. If you pulled the end, it just comes off, the blinds detach and the springs would recoil, leaving you with non-retractable blinds
After buying another used one, only to find the same problem, I thought it was time to take matters into my own hands.
The reels that hold the blinds onto the catch plate are plastic, and I couldn't see how they are supposed to be fixed
So, a little measuring, some ally bar and armed with a lathe, I thought I'd make my own attachments, that won't come off;
I made 2 new aluminium reels, with circlips that would but up against the back of the catch,
(that will stop them coming off
To stop the blinds un-coiling, I made a steel plate to physically hold the 2 reels locked (once you wound up the spring tension), and bolted these with m3 screws.
The cover then fixed onto the reels with 2 m6 button head screws.
Viola, I now have 2 working load covers;