Maybe not so bored with my alfa!! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
Maybe not so bored with my alfa!!

Had some thoughts about the 156 I have tried to sell and have decided to keep it now...cleaned it today and it really is such a great looking car that I am looking now to improve it rather than get rid of it so need a little help with a couple of technical things if you would be so kind.....
firstly think I have sourced a leather interior for it,its from a 2000 car but has the side airbags that are in my 55 plate so will it fit straight in?
secondly I want to sort the sound system out, I had a little search around the various threads on here and am I right in thinking the speaker sizes are 16-16.5 cm for both front and rear doors,do I need shallow ones for window clearance ? also I want to run an amp and sub,not a chavvy boy racer set up with a huge box in the boot annoying everyone but some nice quality sounds....seen a free air sub anyone using one? what are the preferred speakers and amp etc? also I have a Parrot MKi9200 linked to the head unit (not Bose) as all my music is played through ipod or iphone so has anyone got a parrot kit wired into an amp as i know they run thier own puny little 20watt jobby basically can i keep my head unit and parrot kit and run an amp decent sub and four speakers? sorry for all the questions but you will be helping an alfa owner stay an alfa owner!!!
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: West Midlands
best use the ICE part of the forum for the sound system question, loads of good advice on there

BTW, do you think your car would benefit from doing an ECU reset, just to make sure it is fully on song? if you do a search on here, how to do it will pop up.

County: Wiltshire
Which head unit do you have, if it has pre outs then it's a yes.
(Post Link) post #4 of 4 Old 19-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Oxfordshire
cheers fellas....purple yes that is on my list but forgot to put it on going to contact gus on here to chip it definitley and will move my post to the ice section,it is the standard single slot cd head unit

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

alfa , bored