Extended Warranty - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Extended Warranty

Wonder if anyone is experiencing similar difficulties with their extended warranty. My 147 selespeed is just over 2 years old. The 'extended warranty' now applies (years 2 & 3). Three annoying problems have surfaced:

1. The computer keeps flashing 'Rear Foglight Failure' despite the fog light working normally. The Dealer and Alfa South Africa state that it is likely to be a wiring problem that must be checked by an auto electrician. They are insistent that cost for the labour to check this is not covered by the extended warranty !

2. Remote central locking does not work anymore. Again, cost of finding the wiring fault by the auto electrician is not covered by extended warranty.

3. Petrol cap does not lock. Again the new petrol cap is not covered by the extended warranty.

It seems ridiculous to pay out of my own pocket for these problems which should not be occurring on a 2 year old vehicle. I am not sure if I am being ripped off by the locals. Has anybody had a similar experience ? If one reads the extended warranty, the wording can be interpreted to exclude everything on the vehicle ! Has anybody tried contacting Alfa headquarters directly with these kind of grieviances ?

Sponsored Links
Re: Extended Warranty

My experiance of the Extended warrenty is that it is not really worth the paraper its written on unless your very lucky. Not just Alfa's either, before my GTV I ve always had VW's and I found the same with them.
AO Silver Member

Member car:

147 1.6lt

Re: Extended Warranty

Originally Posted by Deg12
It seems ridiculous to pay out of my own pocket for these problems which should not be occurring on a 2 year old vehicle.
On a 2 year old vehicle yes. On a 2 year Alfa no, its quite common I ve had problems since the fist week of ownership, and warranty problems also. Warranty my arse. I m on the 3rd year of ownership and i managed to get an 3 year of warranty through an insurance company which cooperates with AR. The AR sales director offered it to me for free after months of horror and tortures by my dealer. They still deny to fix some faults on warranty ( as the sun visorand the suspension bushes for example ). Warranty my arse. If you re having problems, call or email the big guys everyday, like i had to do.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

extended , warranty