How do the GT windows sense when door is open - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 10-06-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

2006 Alfa GT 1.9

How do the GT windows sense when door is open

I wonder if anyone can help with an intermittent problem on my low mileage 06 GT?

The drivers window works fine, always going down when the door is open and up when closed, the passenger window on the other hand doesnt always either drop down when the door is open or close when the door is closed.

Now this doesnt always happen and so I wondered what triggers the system to know that the door is open, is it the interior light switch or some other switch or sensor? Normally it seems to do it when the door cant be opened very wide in car parks or strangely when the engine is running but it only does it once and then its ok.

ANy thoughts?

Currently Alfa GT 1.9
Previously 1.4 Fiat 500
Before that 3 156's amongst 30+ others
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Cheshire

Member car:

Subaru BRZ

Mine does the same! Usually when it has been in the sun for a while. I need to pluck up the courage to strip the door and check the connections and switches within.
County: Wiltshire
door lock microwitch.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

I noticed my door speaker would only work when the door was open. I unplugged the large round multipin connector on the door frame near the hinges (pulled out the grey clasp) and sprayed contact cleaner on the pins. Plugged the connector back in and now the speaker works when the door is closed or open

You may like to try this in case the electric window wiring (through the same connector) is suffering in the same way.

AO Member
County: Auckland

Member car:

Its a little switch in the cavity where the door latch is. I discovered the mechanism when the tinting guy came around to tint my windows. He pressed the switch (easily reachable) to pop the window up so he could stick the tint film on the glass.

MAKE SURE though that if you're playing around with it and you flick the switch to get the windows up, you don't accidentally slam the door shut because that will cause the glass to shatter!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

door , open , sense , windows