Hey guys, i spent all day today fitting my GTA pedals, and boy what an ordeal. I, like most, thought it would be a simple job [:s] I bought the pedals from arparts.nl;
Brake pedal; EUR 49.50
Acc pedal; EUR 47.24
RHD Footrest; EUR 48.08
I mite as well explain how i fitted them, because im sure arparts.nl will be swamped with orders since the pedals r cheap cheap, and alot of u guys will be wondering how the hell everything fits together.
The first thing i did was remove the footrest. Easily done just three very long bolts. But then lining the holes up of the new footrest is a bit more difficult. Its nearly impossible to play around with lining up the footrest using trial and error, so instead i bluetacked some toothpicks to the footrest screw holes and used them to self locate the clips to screw in. Done!!!
Next is the accelerator pedal, and ull need to remove the existing rubber pedal. Simply pull from the top then slide the bottom off the metal J. Now its the end of the metal J which is the problem. Im assuming the GTA's have a shorter metal tip at the bottom of the J, as the new pedal fouls up against it causing it to be mounted at a weird angle....something like this / instead of | .First i mounted the existing rubber behind the new pedal, and screwed it into place using the allen key bolts that came with it. I found the pedal wasnt screwing in properly, so i had to cut some rubber off the top and bottom of the existing pedal using pliers, patience and then some sandpaper to smooth off the cut edges. Next ull have to cut some metal off the bottom of the J, around 5mm did the trick, and this took quite a while with a saw. I cut a small piece of timber to wedge under the accelerator to stop it moving down when applying pressure on the saw.
Another angle, u can c how much metal i had to cut off...
Once the J extension is shorter, i used some CRC to "lube" up the metal J, slide the new pedal on and clipped it into the top. Sweet, getting there!!!
Lastly the brake pedal. Once the old rubber pedal is removed ull notice the need to drill four new holes...through thick hardened metal mind you [
] I marked the holes then proceeded to drill with an electric drill but nothing was happening. We had to take off the brake pedal, and this was something my dad did. It looked very tricky, and alot of washers and bolts came out, so just keep track of what goes where as the washers were all different sizes. Once the pedal was off, we drilled the holes through and mounted the new pedal. Fitted the brake pedal back on and presto a rather fiddly job done! [
mmmmm made by Momo.....special [
And onto the pics.....first an avi http://www.alfa145.com/upload/alfa_interior2.avi