Your advise is needed! - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 02-02-04 Thread Starter
AO Silver Member

Member car:

2.4L VTEC Honda

Help Your advise is needed!

ok well heres the dilemma Guys,

In November 04 my warranty for my 147 will expire before the warranty expires I intend to install Eibach Springs & Koni Dampers in the front (Hopefully within the coming weeks)

The only reason why I think its worth to get an extended warranty as im sure if I have a Selespeed issue im sure it will be very $$$$$

I intend to keep my bella 5 years at least.

So what are your opinions ?
Sponsored Links
Re: Your advise is needed!

My car is currently in the workshop (and will be there for 3 more weeks!)......because of a hole in the oil cooler housing! I am counting myself lucky that the car is still under warranty (with 6 more months to go!). So I would go for the extra warranty as this is the second engine breakdown I have had in the last year! Both times I was stranded for a few weeks! I am now extremely nervous and am definitely considering letting the 'lil !!!!' go (Bella's are for alfas that work! And she will have some time before she regains that status) .
AO Platinum Member
County: -
Mooney Re: Your advise is needed!

Originally Posted by Reuven
......Koni Dampers in the front (Hopefully within the coming weeks)
Keep on hoping

Koni dampers might be easier to get to a 147 that to a 33 though...

Last edited by Pasi; 02-02-04 at 07:10. Reason: Repaired the quote!
AO Silver Member
County: Wiltshire
Re: Your advise is needed!

Have a word with your dealer I doubt they will complain if you mod your car a bit, my old Fiat Coupe was fitted with Konis, Eibachs, Chargecooled, Unichipped with boost controller and sports exhaust and filter in that time I still spent thousands on the warranty without question even when I had to get the wishbones dones which could have been rejected due to suspension mods, generaly they can only reject if their is a direct relationship between your modification and the failing part, my Fiat (now my Alfa delaer) only rejected one thing and that was the manifold which cracked, can't complain too much though I was running a lot of boost for a long time and the thing would glow a nice bright orange

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

advise , needed