Clutch pedal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
Clutch pedal

Wife was out this morning & the clutch pedal just dropped away, i went to the car & pulled the pedal up but you cannot depress the pedal ? There is no fluid around the pedal & M\cylinder & no apparent fluid loss, I will take the battery off tomorrow & release the bleed nipple on the slave & see what I've got after that,any ideas or previous scenario's ?
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: Nottinghamshire
Will it be that little clip that tends to break?
The clip & washer is still there,the strange thing is that you cannot move the pedal from the top now ?
Its the clip that holds the clutch release bearing to the clutch pressure plate that has broken & has disconnected itself. So it may have weakened the pressure plate in the process so another new clutch kit to go in . This uprated clutch was only fitted in January so its lasted just 4 months & was not cheap!

Its still under warranty but the problem is I bought the clutch online & the car will have to sit around in bits while they make up their mind,they have already said they think it could be the clutch fork(its not ) so i guess its going to be a long drawn out thing ,not to mention all the work, sub frame & gearbox out etc . One of the drawbacks of buying parts miles & miles away from home ,not a great idea when things go wrong .
AO Member
County: Auckland

Member car:

I had the exact same problem. Ended up being a leaky slave cylinder and worn out clutch master cylinder. Both had to be replaced.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , pedal