Had my 156 for 4 weeks - what I've done to it - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 2 Old 11-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Northamptonshire
Had my 156 for 4 weeks - what I've done to it

Picked my lovely V6 armchair up 4 weeks ago today. Since then I've been busy sorting the little things that enabled me to bid the trader so strongly.

I've sourced a replacement nsf door as the original was very rusty along the bottom edge, had to change to lomb in the door as the multi pin connector was slightly different despite it only being from a 6 months newer car than mine. Swapped the door handle across too so all sorted and it looks perfect.

I too had wind noise from the sunroof above 40mph so the trusty door seal strip fix has sorted that, head unit out and new Sony bluetooth CD radio in, hot glued the ashtray fascia to the frame behind as it kept falling off, found the missing clutch foot rest under the drivers seat complete with the screws and put it all back together. New boot badge fitted. New dash bulb on order from the dealer for the fuel gauge, I've swapped the low fuel light bulb across in the interim.

Leather fed twice with Autoglym leather creme.

It's now a fantastic looking saloon that is making me grin every time I use it. Absolutely beautiful.

'99 156 2.5 V6 in silver with climate, electric roof and it's all working! Oh that noise....
'91 Golf Gti 8v in the garage, pampered toy.
Sponsored Links
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
The dash bulbs are simple 1.2w capless bulbs and much cheaper from Halfrauds and car accessory shops .. or even ebay!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , weeks