Clutch slip GT - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 11-05-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Alfa GT

Clutch slip GT

My GT, 06, 50K miles, clutch had been slipping for the last 10 weeks or so. Only when hard accelerating at 2200rpm+. It would slip for a second, revs would climb suddenly, then fall back, even If I didn't take the foot off. I assume the ECU detected the slip and knocked off the power, as there is a rev sensor in the clutch I think. Never had the car mapped but I seemed to have an extra boost of torque at 2200 since the ERG was changed under warranty. I would expect a slipping clutch to get worse, even if the ECU prevents it after a second or so, but in the last week it has stopped slipping altogether, and its seems I haven't got the same torque kick. Am I imagining things or did the ECU 'Learn' not to torque the engine so hard at this rev band? Or is it something completely different, like an oil or fluid leak that may have been getting on to the clutch, and has since stopped? Maybe the clutch slave wasn't fully retreating, holding the clutch open slightly? I'd love to think I'm not facing a clutch replacement, but am baffled by the symptoms. I've never heard of a clutch repairing itself!

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , slip