New alfa 156 problems help needed
Hi Guys I have just acquired an Alfa 156 2003 1.8TS facelift interior. Veloce 1
I have a few problems I need to sort out with my new project, I am new To Alfa Romeo but very happy. She has been sitting still for about a year and needs some TLC most of which I want to perform myself.
1. The engine runs quite rough when just started but settles a bit when warm, also note most of the noise & squeaking from cam belt / pulley area , so she is going to be booked in to Mangoletsi in Knutsford for a cam belt kit, they have quoted £317 quid for this. Will this cure my problem as she was sitting still for a while and the lubrication could be an issue?
2. I have the in car radio 10 disk CD changer called connect navigator The LCD display is all patchy with dead pixels. Need this working, can this be fixed / sent away, or find a replacement part, how much should I pay from a breakers for example. As i wanted to do a hard ECU reset but cant re enter the code as i cant read the LCD
3. I noted today that a squeak from right drivers wheel when turning left it became worse and stared when not turning the wheel when rolling after 20 min driving. The car had stood still for about a year and breaks seized. What should I investigate here?
4. The top dash LCD (info) has started to fade but then sometimes works the service expired waring comes on...i want to replace fix this unit and service the car myself any tips?
5. Both rear windows not working, I think are seized from non use, I have tested them and run a spatula around the edge to loosen them but still no luck, but I can hear a click in the rear doors when I press the buttons so power is still in the doors. What part could have failed or what can I investigate here.
6. I am limited with money now as the cam belt issue needs to be a priority, what should I look into doing to the engine to make her run smoother after the cam belt.
I am looking at getting the Alfa Diag and USB cable in the future.
Any help on parts advice on DIY fix would much appreciated.
Last edited by rodz37; 05-05-10 at 22:13.
Reason: to be more clear