1. regarding the squeaky clutch - did as you said and bought some white lithium grease, this has done the trick and the squeak has gone.
2. i have noticed that there is a faint sound, almost like a knocking when releasing the clutch in 1st gear, i decided to have a look closer by parking up, putting handbrake on, putting in 1st gear then gently lifting clutch, when the engine revs start dropping slightly as the clutch engages thats when i can hear the noise - is this just simply the engine making the noise due to the lower revs (nearly stalling) or something more?
3. when going over speed humps there is a squeak/creaking from both sides of the front suspension, is this normal or should i be worried?
4. regarding the windscreen, i contacted autoglass, would have been £10 excess to repair, unfortunately as chip is less than 6cm from edge of screen they have to replace and a repair cannot be made :-( so its £75 for the new windscreen, but as was said, its something that could go and could be dangerous so i am getting fixed.
5. i think i will leave the exhaust for the time being, i checked around it and its the outer skin thats rusted, but there are no holes in the main shell so at the moment thats fine i think.
6. oil - i spoke to the sales place i bought the car from, he didn't seem to think that the garage who serviced it would have put in 0w40 as it isn't the specified oil, he just told me it would be safe to continue topping up with semi 10w40, is this ok to do do you all think - i did read somewhere on here that if just topping up, it wouldn't effect it if you mixed 2 different oils e.g. 0w and 10w and would be fine.
7. heatshield - i checked under the bonnett and headshield has crack near top and a huge crack all the way along at bottom, when at 2-3k revs there is a loud rattaling - i think caused by the heatshield vibrating, whats peoples opinions with it, is it ok to leave or best to replace at some point, if replacing, what sort of cost would it be?