I had the flexi exhaust on the front pipe replaced today at a local exhaust specialist. Picked the car up, it drove fine for 10 minutes to the local leisure centre and I parked it up for 45 minutes while my young lad was swimming. I came out, car started first time, moved 50 yards then the engine cut out. Engine will turn over but will not start and had to get my pop to tow me home
I have checked the following:
1. All sensors in and around the exhaust and engine
2. Plugs on ECU and other control units
3. Battery connections
4. Fuses both in engine bay and under steering wheel
5. Emergency fuel cut-off switch in passenger footwell
6. Fault codes (none) using OBD reader
7. Will leave battery disconnected overnight for ECU reset.
I fear that the guy may not have disconnected everything when welding the exhaust, and the ECU is now fried, although it did drive sraight away. Other possibilities are possible crankshaft sensor etc.
Anything else I may have missed??
Thanks in advance.