Clutch Pedal - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 4 Old 18-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member

Member car:

Alfa Romeo 147

Clutch Pedal

Could anyone give me some advice regarding the connection between the clutch pedal and the cylinder on a 1.6 147 please.
There doesn't seem to be anything on the pedal shaft to stop it coming adrift from the hole on the cylinder rod.
I got out of the car by pushing on my left foot, a bit arkwardly I must admit, and I pushed the cylinder connection off.
I have re-connected but I don't know if I have lost a clip or something.
Any help much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
AO Silver Member
County: -

Member car:

147 JTDM 16V

There should be a little spring clip. This was the subject of a recall as I understand it because the clip breaks and falls off, as you have found out (it's probably behind the LH foot rest). I'd just buy a split pin or something similar and fit it in the little hole in the shaft that the cylinder rod connects to. Also do a search on this subject, there's loads on this problem.
AO Member
County: South Yorkshire

Member car:

147 1.6 lusso

if you look behind your clutch pedal youll see the master cylinder. follow the cylinder back to the clutch pedal and youll see on the end of it there is a circular connecter that slides over a pin on the side of the clutch pedal. on the end of this pin theres is a spring clip that stops the master cylinder detaching from the pedal. this can break and eventually the master cylinder connecter pops off the clutch pedal.
County: -

Member car:

147 1.6 Tspark

Thanks guys, I have just checked the pin and it is still attached to master cylinder I can see the shaft moving in and out so could be master cylinder. can this be changed without major surgery or is it a BIG JOB?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

clutch , pedal