exterior door handle broke :( - Page 12 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
 3Likes

AO Member

OK it looks like I need to get myself a rachet set to get this sorted, amazon time.

So, tools required screwdriver and ratchet set with appropriate sized head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

AO Member

County: Highlands
Replaced hinge on door handle today(147 facelift),alot of fiddling about but easy enough on the whole,pushed a stanley knife along the bottom edge of the blank in the door handle and it just popped out without marking blank or door handle to my suprise!Worst part was unscrewing/screwing the hinge off/onto the handle as its at an angle.I used this vid and didn't have to remove window or any disconnect rods
AO Member

County: West Sussex
I think it's been mentioned here before but it would seem that the Fiat 500 door handle is identical and half the price of the Alfa ones. Would be good if anyone can confirm part number and or has tried to fit with success. I plan to buy one as been round the car park today and compared my broken alfa pass side door handle to the 500's and other that the level of shininess (is that a word?) is better on the 500 they look identical.

AO Member

The challenges only come if you don't have the right tooling. A decent rachet on a right angle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragonfalls View Post
Treated the GT to a silicone rubber key cover. Nice feel to it... Does this mean I'm developing a rubber fetish

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u...pseerzow14.jpg
Where did you get the key cover.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO156! View Post
Replaced hinge on door handle today(147 facelift),alot of fiddling about but easy enough on the whole,pushed a stanley knife along the bottom edge of the blank in the door handle and it just popped out without marking blank or door handle to my suprise!Worst part was unscrewing/screwing the hinge off/onto the handle as its at an angle.I used this vid and didn't have to remove window or any disconnect rods
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuLDMqSCmqc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpy63 View Post
I think it's been mentioned here before but it would seem that the Fiat 500 door handle is identical and half the price of the Alfa ones. Would be good if anyone can confirm part number and or has tried to fit with success. I plan to buy one as been round the car park today and compared my broken alfa pass side door handle to the 500's and other that the level of shininess (is that a word?) is better on the 500 they look identical.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
AO Gold Member

County: Carlow

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

Tags
broke , door , exterior , handle

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page