Indicator / Hazard Relay Location on a 156 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 06-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Hampshire

Member car:

Indicator / Hazard Relay Location on a 156

Hi all,

On a facelifted interior 156 (1.8 TS), Jan 2003, whereabouts is the relay for the indicator / hazards under the steering column? Can't seem to find it anywhere..

I've read a thread which seems to suggest the steering wheel and airbags needs to be removed to get to it, but I hope not.............could that really be required just to get to the relay?? I have an intermittent problem with the indicators and hazards not working, although the lights flash OK when locking / unlocking.

This thread indicates it plugs into the back of the stalk switches, although it doesn't state what year of 156 this is.

This thread says the relay is cubed shaped, but can't see anything like it in mine, unless I am not looking deep enough. That could be for the older version, as the guys car is a 2.0 TS, which changed to JTS I think at the time of the facelift.

The pictures in this link seem to match what I see - Alfa Romeo forum: Indicator Relay.

Anyone with any experience of this? Thanks.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , hazard , indicator , location , relay