156 V6 Alternator - Page 2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
AO Gold Member
County: Merseyside

Member car:

156 1.9 mjet 16v

Originally Posted by museumman View Post
Well there you go guys alternator out through drivers side wheel arch Speenvarks way worked like a dream. Alternator is cracked matches the crack in sump I already new about.A bit of over enthusiastic kerb running on a track day it handles fine on this suspension set up but the nose is a bit low. I was going to put some plastic padding on sump but I will obviously take it off and get it welded now.I suppose I could weld alternator but it is so difficult to get off probably better to source another one just to be sure.Its self inflicted so cant blame the car but you would think it was well protected on top of cross member I hope to get it running for weekend the wife needs to go shopping and Im missing driving it thanks to everybody who helped:
how long barring tea and biscuit breaks then?
Sponsored Links
(Post Link) post #27 of 29 Old 07-04-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Staffordshire

Member car:

156 V6 2.5

Hi Dave all day really from 10 oclock I know its not really quick but I am retired now and I now have sump off as well. I still have to put it back together again but I think it will just take a couple of hours to put it back.Just got to keep sensible head on now sump is off should I check those big ends Noooooo AAgh!!!!!!
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

GT 3.2 v6

Nice one man. Glad to hear it.
County: Suffolk

Member car:

156 v6

hi guys, i'm about to remove the alternator from my 156 v6. when you say loosen the subframe, is that remove all the bolts that hold it to the chassis and let the shocks take the weight so that you can move it back?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , alternator