Still very confused
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
I just thought I would update the situation, the car is now running fine. I think that the first real problem I needed to fix was the earths, they were dirty and corroded, I lost half the errors just doing that, I then cleaned all the relay pins and checked I had good connections on the cables. Next a change of crank sensor and fitting it properly, the car now starts but runs very badly. Unidiag tells me its the MAF P0100 and two other errors P0110 and P0170 if I remember correctly, I will confirm. The MAF looked new but I borrowed one from a pals layed up 156, no difference, next I changed the throttle body, still no difference. I was not convinced that it was the MAF as Unidiag was telling me so I borrowed another code box, ECU and keys from Tris and Andy at JustAlfaspares in Liverpool (plug over but I am very grateful to them, great to deal with and helpful). Problem solved, it was the pins in the ECU, I checked them out with Autodata and convinced myself that the damaged pins were the MAF etc.
I then got the original ECU etc to work so all is well with the world.
I hope this saga, long as it is, may be of some help to somebody in the future.
Thanks to all that helped me sort it out.
Last edited by Philjay50; 28-04-10 at 18:04.