Newbie with 156 Immobiliser Problem - Antenna????? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 30-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: -

Member car:

Newbie with 156 Immobiliser Problem - Antenna?????

Hi New in here.
I have read the hundreds of threads on 'Immobiliser Problems', and just wanted some information confirmed.
My Code light stays on, so i currently start the car using the code (pressing the accelerator to bypass the immobiliser).
I have checked the fuses (the ones slightly above the main fuse board under the steering wheel) - all good. I have waggled various wires, including the ones under the relays near the battery. I have disconnected the battery for 20 minutes. The battery itself seems fine, and starts the car easily. This left me to think it's either the antenna, or the immobilisser ECU. I have removed the antenna (and replugged it back in numerous times), and cleaned it. I have also tested the circuit with a multimeter, and it seems to have no breaks in the wire (meter came back to zero).
So does this mean my antenna is good, or could it still be worn out. I can't afford the whole new kit, but a £20 antenna i can just about reach.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , antenna , immobiliser , newbie , problem