ARB knocking fixed for under £2 - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 3 Old 30-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Thumbs Up ARB knocking fixed for under £2

Thanks to SEARs for the ‘how to’ change the anti roll bar bushes.

Clunking from beneath my feet for ages now, was ignoring it as I wanted to avoid the sub frame job ala Chris155. Finally had a look at it over the weekend, found the ARB had around 2cm lateral movement.

Anti sway collar on one side had moved. Luckily they were the Bakelite, quick tap with a screwdriver and broke it off. Repositioned the ARB till it was nice and secure, added 2 jubilee clips on either side of the bushed (os/ ad n/s). This was fiddly and tight, but do-able. No more clunking.

Cost £1.79….. bargain (plus £23 for the Clarke 12v impact wrench, great for getting those suborn nuts off without breaking the bank).

No doubt I’ll have to replace the bushes at some point, but it will give me a bit more time.

Thanks again guys.

Now, on to my missus’ cam belt……
Sponsored Links
Any chance of a running report on the Clarke 12v impact gun? I have an air powered one but it's not the most convenient thing when the compressor is in the garage and the car is 30 feet away.

How much grunt has it got?
(Post Link) post #3 of 3 Old 31-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
I've only used it for taking wheel nuts off so far. Which it had no problem with in fact very easy.
Unlike an air type it spins the counter weight and the pin fires a second or so later, so it's not constant.
For general use I think it will be fine. For the price it's fantastic.

On paper it has tha same torque as a battery powered Clarke which is £80.

Build quility is no where near as good, the whole case is plastic, so if you going to use it loads I'd say pay more.

Was going to use it if I needed to drop the sub frame, but not needed for that at the moment.

Will update as I use it more.

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

arb , fixed , knocking