156 dash pod - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 6 Old 28-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Stirling

Member car:

147 jtd lusso

156 dash pod

just noticed the little orange light that shines on your dials at the end of the speedo and rev counter pointers i have driven all winter and just noticed this classy touch i love this car
great idea.
Sponsored Links
AO Member
County: Sachsen

Member car:

Delta III 1.9 TT

Sorry, but what are you talking about?
AO Silver Member
County: East Renfrewshire
know what you mean, don't think it is a light, just the way the point of the needles reflect on the silver rim of the dials.
Club Member
Membro Medio
Club Member Number: 1265
County: Waikato

Member car:

Gtv V6

I think the Italians make some of the nicest instruments in the world. Even when they're cheaply mass-produced, they always seem to evoke a sense of flair and fun and no two models are the same. And, the instrument panel is probably the longest-lived part of the car

When I get into certain older Hyundais and even older Hondas, the thing I find most miserable is the squarish white numbers used on the completely uninspiring dials. One of them even had orange plastic pointers that looked like they were taken off a toy - I think that might have been an 80's Toyota Corolla. And at night, it's bathed in a horrid dim green glow. Ironic really that my 156 does a better Akihabara Sunset than a Japanese car, though there are some nice instrument panels in certain Lexus models (at a price).

'00 GTV V6, '08 FIAT 500, shell and parts for a '71 FIAT 850 Coupe
Club Member
Membro Premio
Club Member Number: 1014
County: Dorset
Its light pipe technology. designed several while at Ford. The pointer is made of a clear plastic. The LED ( sometimes 2) are mounted at the bottom of the pointer on the board. Shines up and round down to the tip. Its just left clear at the end so it glows. Simples!

If you are bored of your old pointer in other car they can be swaped for fancy ones as they are just pushed on with an interference fit. Careful when you do though as they are calibrated by a machine in the factory so you may end up with them reading wrong as teh pointer is in the wrong place!

BMW E12 M535i, JC racing diff, Gaz coilover, Powerflex.
Alfa 156 GTA, Q2, Super sprint, CF2, EQ, KW coilovers, Eibach rollbars, Powerflex.
Alfa Mito QV , BMC filter.

GitList Member but not as high as Keithy! No Gibbo....I don't need a haircut AO Troublemaker! You have been warned
AO Member
County: Rogaland
Originally Posted by david shreter View Post
just noticed the little orange light that shines on your dials at the end of the speedo and rev counter pointers i have driven all winter and just noticed this classy touch i love this car
great idea.
i noticed this before, it shines on the EXACT speed, so you know down to the 1kph how fast you are going (unlike other cars that lets you guess around the nearest 5kph)

great little sexy touch to my 156

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

156 , dash , pod