147 rear powerflex or rubber ? and sat nav? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 5 Old 25-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
County: Essex
147 rear powerflex or rubber ? and sat nav?

hi ladies and gents i have two questions for your good selves tonight

1. i am just about to order some replacement parts for my 147 rear end as it has got impossible to drive with the rear steering its self {like a dog wagging its tail }and its scrubbed both rear tyre inside edges.
both of my rear wheels lean in at the top but one much greater angle than the other .i am hoping this has something to do with the bushes and not any other damage,

where i need your expertise is do i replace with all new rubber from EB spares or powerflex bushes from e bay they are on there for £145 for all the bushes but i would still need to buy the tie bars what do yo guys think is the best way to go and who is best to buy from ? does the poly bushes make much difference compared to new rubber ?

2. Question two is about my sat nav/bose sound system, i can have a cd playing whilst i am driving but whenever i switch off my ignition and start up again it does not hold any memory i have to push play on the disc again and start from track 1 , can anyone help me

just like to say thanks in advance , this is a fantastic site and 98 percent of the time i can find the answer by reading old threads , ive got to say this forum is a must if you own a alfa and well done to all involved very helpfull
Sponsored Links
AO Car Of The Year Winner 2015
Membro Premio
County: Bratislavsky
Regarding the bushes I don't have personal experience, but regarding the sat nav not remembering CD track position, I think this was solved by some more recent version of the firmware. Try to search in ICE section for NAV+ firmware. You will find what is the most recent version and how to upgrade.
(Post Link) post #3 of 5 Old 26-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
excellent thanks mate !
AO Gold Member
County: Buckinghamshire
I'm about to replace the transverse arms with stock items (EB Spares £15 each!) and Powerflex hub bushes. Going the Powerflex route as the normal hub bushes are a PITA to fit (they should be easier) and want to see if these last longer ...

Don't know when I'll get around to it yet as I have a to-do list longer than my arm, but your symptoms sound like mine. Having just forked out £150 for two rear Sport Maxx tyres, I want them to last a bit longer. Both were almost down to the carcase on the inner edges. Two rear transverse arms are the originals(!) and the two forward arms were replaced under warranty so almost as old.

I'm also replacing the rear drop links only because I haven't before in 143000 miles(!). I replaced both trailing arms a couple of years ago. Then I will get the alignment reset.

cheers, Gary

HIS: 1998 156 2.0 TSpark with Sport Pack 2, sunroof and hi-level spoiler in Alfa Rosso. V6 intake mod, clear side repeaters and Zeatek undertray.

HERS: 2009 MiTo 1.4 95bhp Turismo arrived 21st November in Techno Grey with colour-coded headlight surrounds.

"If you're driving on the edge ... you're leaving too much room!"
My Alfa156 Web Site - how-to's, piccies, links, useful stuff, etc.

Last edited by gazza82; 26-03-10 at 10:01.
(Post Link) post #5 of 5 Old 26-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
thanks gazza for the reply sound the same as mine both rear tyres are down to the wire and i can feel the tie bars rubbers are sloppy.i think i will do the same and add some new tiebars powerflex look easier than pressing a rubber in to the hubs.... do your rear wheels look as though they are leaning inward ?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

147 , nav , powerflex , rear , rubber , sat