Can you "reset" Xenon auto levellers? - Alfa Romeo Forum
You are currently unregistered, register for more features.    
(Post Link) post #1 of 1 Old 17-03-10 Thread Starter
AO Member
Help Can you "reset" Xenon auto levellers?

Not sure anyone can help, but I've recently changed sidelight bulbs in both headlights. To make it easier I actually removed the light units (& I've still got all my fingers!).

The problem I now have is that when I switch on the headlights (dipped beam xenon not sidelight), they try & do the standard auto levelling thing i.e. up/down, but only move a very small amount. However when I start to drive they "shake", almost like the light unit is loose, but it isn't. I'm wondering if they're hunting for a level but somehow can't find it.
They do seem to be low if anything, but when carrying out the level check, they only seem to go down but not up too far.

I understand there are load sensors or similar in the units, but is this the case or have been told a porky?

Basically, what I'm asking is, is there a way to master reset the headlight levelling or should I be looking for a different cause of the headlamp pattern "shaking"?

Go Back   Alfa Romeo Forum > Supported Alfa Romeo Models > Technical & Vehicle Assistance > Alfa 147, 156 & GT

auto , levellers , reset , xenon