If they are genuine Lucas then they should be good quality they also make facelift headlights that retail about £90 a side
Clearly you've never owned a British Leyland product of any sort. Not for nothing is Joseph Lucas known as the prince of darkness.
Some useful Lucas facts:
* Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night? They all look the same. " - "He replied, "It does not matter which one you use, nothing happens !"
* The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."
* Lucas is the patent holder for the short circuit.
* Lucas - Inventor of the first intermittent wiper.
* The three position Lucas switch - Dim, Flicker and Off.
* >Lucas is an acronym for Loose Unsoldered Connections and Splices
* Lucas systems actually uses AC current; it just has a random frequency.
* If Lucas made guns, wars would not start.
* Back in the 70's, Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which did not suck.
* Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb. Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.
There's more here, including a copy of an old ebay add offering genuine Lucas wiring loom smoke.
Lucas - Prince of Darkness - Lucas Electrical Humor Jokes